British Chevening Scholarships for Pakistani students - 2009
Applications are invited from the Pakistani nationals for the British Chevening Scholarships for year 2009. These scholarships are available for one year taught postgraduate degree in the UK and are administered by the British Council Pakistan.Deadline: 15 September 2008
The British Government’s British Chevening Scholarship, are the most prestigious awards available to international students for study in the United Kingdom. They enable future leaders, decision-makers and opinion formers from around the world to become familiar with the UK, to gain new skills, or update current professional skills. The ultimate objective is to benefit their countries upon their return.
Scholarships are awarded to Pakistani nationals of high intellectual ability who will play a formative role in Pakistan’s development.
- Must have a Masters’ degree or a four-year Bachelors degree from any recognised university in Pakistan or the equivalent form an overseas institution
- Should normally be between 25 and 35 years of age
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Must be Pakistani citizens. Dual nationals are not eligible
- Must not have received in the past three years any British government funded academic award
Scholarship is available for the following subjects:
Governance and Democracy
Economic Governance and Reform
Public Sector Reform
The scholarships are for one year taught postgraduate study in the UK.
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship covers the full cost of study in the UK.
Completed application form should be received by the British Council before the deadline.
See guidance notes for the completion of the application form.Application form and Guidance notes can be downloaded below.
Last date for submission of applications is Monday, 15th September, 2008.
Download Application form (pdf, 90kb)
Download Guidance notes (pdf, 400kb)