The first step to making a Hibernate shortcut is to make sure you have Hibernate turned on.
- Go to the Control panel then click Performance and maintenance.
- Next, choose Power options, and select the hibernate tab.
- Finally, make sure Enable hibernation is checked.
- Now to actually make the shortcut right click your desktop and choose New | Shortcut.
- Next, type this case-sensitive command into the dialog box rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState click next.
- Give the shortcut a name and click finish.
From now on all you need to do to enter hibernation is double click the shortcut.