Thursday, December 23, 2010

How to copy single large file to USB

Situation:
I have a game installer about 7GB of file size.
My flash drive has 8GB of free space and newly formatted.(But to FAT32 file system)

Problem:
I cannot copy large files such as ISO files in to my usb/flash/pen drive/disk even if my usb drive still has large free space available. It keeps saying "DISK MEMORY FULL".

1st Possible Solution: 
**WARNING** this will erase all of your files in your usb drive. Format your drive by doing right click on your drive then choose format. A new box will pop-up check quick format on format options. Wait for it to finish.

Explanation: Maybe your USB has viruses inside it that is eating up the memory space.

2nd Possible Solution:
Formatting your USB this way. This kind of formatting will not erase any files inside your USB.
On windows RUN command type "CONVERT X: /FS:NTFS" where X is the drive letter of your USB. A box will Pop-up with writing on it wait for it to finish or close it self.
You can now copy large files on your USB drive.

Explanation:
2 kinds of format on drive:
1. FAT32
2. NTFS
Most USB are FAT32 on default format. FAT32 has a limit of 4GB file size. That's why you will format your USB using this "CONVERT X: /FS:NTFS" to convert it to NTFS which can handle very large files...

4 comments:

  1. Hi.. the trick you explained is really working... thanks

    Anukant
    mlm software india
    http://www.max3logic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but...
    My BluRay device only sees FAT32 disks. It does not admit NTFS is a valid filesystem.
    FAT32 does not accept files larger than 4GB, BD does not recognise NTFS. Sometimes I *detest* Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!
    You saved me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOW THAT BUT HOW DO COPPY 4 GB ABOVE FILES TO FAT32 USB BECAUSE I WANT TO USE IT ON XBOX 360 WHICH DOES PLAYS NTFS OR EXFAT USBS

    ReplyDelete

No Right Click script

No Selection Script